Role: Inhalation Scientists
Company: Aurobindo Pharma USA (North Carolina facility)
The successful candidate will support the development of metered dose inhaler (MDI) products at its new R&D center in Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Reverse engineering, pre-formulation, formulation development, selection of raw materials and devices, aerosol performance testing, and stability studies.
- Prepare scientific reports, including those for regulatory submission.
- Maintain a safe and compliant work environment.
- B.S., Masters or Ph.D. in chemistry, pharmaceutical sciences, or related field.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in a pharmaceutical environment.
- Strong knowledge of metered dose inhaler product development, including formulation, testing, and regulatory requirements.
- Expertise in developing and conducting methods for cascade impaction (e.g. ACI & NGI), dose content uniformity, Karl Fischer moisture analysis, micronization (jet milling), particle size by laser diffraction, spray pattern, and plume geometry.
- Knowledge of statistical design of experiments (DoE), Quality by Design (QbD), and the preparation of reports for the CMC section of regulatory documents are a plus.